Your privacy is very important to us and we want to assure you that we take the confidentiality and security of your personal data very seriously.
Our Websites are not intended for use by persons under the age of 18 and our terms and conditions require that a person be 18 or older when placing an order with us. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 18, please notify us.
Obviously it is necessary for us to collect some data about you in order to take your order, payment and delivery instructions.
The type of information we will collect about you may include your:
- Phone number
- Email address
We will endeavour to ensure the information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies let us know and we will correct your record or delete it if you wish.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We will not pass your details onto any other person or organisation, other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfillment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party; to be clear - we obviously have to tell the postman / courier the address you gave us - but that is about as far as our info sharing goes.
How we use the data we collect from you
We will use your data for the following purposes:
To fulfill your order:
- To process your order
- To process payment including payment authorisation via payment card, cheque, gift card or other third party payment processor
- To carry out identity verification and fraud prevention checks when purchasing with a payment card and validating personal data you provide via a third party payment processor
- To provide data to any third party supplier or vendor who may fulfil your order on our behalf
- To provide order confirmation, delivery status notifications on any order placed with us
For customer care purposes:
- To address any customer care issues that occur either with respect to a product or service, delivery, or a complaint or enquiry that you or your recipient raise with us
- To contact you with any changes, cancellation or other issues with your order
- To manage any registered accounts you have through our websites
- To obtain customer feedback with respect to an order either from you or your recipient (to the extent permitted under the applicable law)
NOTE: Please note that you will receive communications with respect to fulfilling your order or for customer care purposes even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications.
For marketing purposes:
- To keep you up-to-date with new products and services that we think will be of interest to you
- To provide you with promotional offers
- To personalise your experience with us by providing products and information tailored to you through your purchasing history with us
For internal business purposes:
We will use any of the personal data collected to help us to understand how many people visit our Websites, how well the Websites are working and to consider any improvements we may need to make to the Websites to improve your online experience. It also helps us determine what products and services you are interested in and what you or other customers might wish to purchase from us in future.
Opting out of marketing communications
You have the right to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications at any time. We will address your opt out request as soon as possible, but no longer than one month from the date we receive your request.
You may opt out of marketing communications or change your preferences with respect to marketing communications by:
- Unsubscribing from emails using the unsubscribe link which can be found in all marketing emails
- Contacting us via the 'contact us' page on our Websites.
Information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Cookies - How we use them
We may use technology to track how visitors use our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. Please read on for more information about our cookie usage.
Most websites use "cookies" which is simply a small file that is stored on your computer
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. Persistent cookies are great time saving devices as they allow you to be automatically logged in when you return to our site.
For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
If you delete cookies relating to this website we will not remember things about you, including your cookie preferences, and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit the site.
- Keep track of your shopping basket
- Allow you to login to your account to provide additional services
- Remembering your choices (such as opt out choices etc)
- Additionally we use 'analytics' cookies to help us make our website better for those who visit it regularly by telling us what users like and don't like, enabling us to improve the website to suit your needs.
By accessing this website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device. You can disable cookies completely by changing your browser settings; however some areas of the site will not be accessible or may not function properly.